PIT simulation description (PPTX, trigger meeting)
The main offline tasks related to the pixel trigger are:
- Storing the pixel trigger conditions in OCDB for each run
- Simulating the generation of fast-or signals from the SPD
- Simulating the response of the pixel trigger system to the fast-or signals
The schematic slides below show some of the classes used to implement the procedures, and the interplay between them. Some of the benefits from the new code are:
- The simulated fast-or signals will be saved in the ITS.Digits.root file alongside the 'normal' digits tree.
- The simulated fast-or signals will be propagated to the simulated raw data files, mimicing the real raw data.
- The fast-or signals originating from active (in pixel trigger logic) chips will be saved in the ESD, as part of AliMultiplicity.